Highlights of this edition include:
- The announcement that anthropologist Ashley Montague would speak at commencement.
- News that the Board of Trustees would imminently approve student representation to the Board without, however, voting rights.
- Glowing reviews of the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey (“It is one of those rare pictures that makes you think, that lifts you into another realm, away from the matter of the moment”) and the musical Hair! (“…the show has a great deal to say about the world. As for the nude scene, I shut my eyes. I’m a good man.”)
- A list of recommended albums from music reviewer (and musician) Jack Trapp:
- 1963 by Richie Havens
- Wonderwall by George Harrison
- Nashville Skyline by Bob Dylan
- Blood, Sweat & Tears by Blood, Sweat & Tears
- Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix
- Donovan’s Greatest Hits